Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tony Blair has a cheek! (Referring to his recent speech, urging people to take personal responsibility for their health)

I must say Tony Blair has a cheek! - His government has only demonstrated concern about salt intake and, very importantly, the provision of information about sodium content on food labels in the last few years - at a guess, I'd say since about 2003. Both Labour and Tory administrations allowed the food companies free rein year after year to ladle more and more salt into their products, thus damaging irrevocably the health of innocent salt-sensitive purchasers.

I wonder again why The Chief Medical Officer in the early 90s apparently did nothing to implement an authoritative recommendation at that time of a maximum of 4g of salt a day, and apparently gave greater consideration to the desires of industry than to the health of the nation, and I wonder how many deaths and how much terrible suffering he was, therefore, personally responsible for? And I wonder why his successors in the post were so tardy in taking effective steps to give warnings about salt consumption? Political considerations? I consider the failure to put pressure on food manufacturers and caterers to reduce the sodium content of foods and meals until recent times to be a dereliction of duty of successive political administrations and health departments. - I remember buying McCance and Widdowson's 'Composition of Foods' in the late 90s, at considerable cost, in order to discover how much sodium there was in food. There was no way consumers could find it out from the pack. - The people of this country have been very ill-served in this matter yet Tony Blair seeks to blame the innocent victims!