Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Fat boy may be put into care - Phone in on Radio Five Live. I managed - just! - to mention my website www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk

I managed to get onto the phone-in about an hour ago and to say that child obesity is caused not by overeating but by salt intake leading to fluid retention and increased blood volume. I had gone to bed and was in bed when I started to listen to the phone-in and rang in, and so I did not, I think, get my points over as well as I should have, and I am disappointed about that. I found it rather difficult because the presenter to whom I was speaking was unreceptive to what I was saying. Sadly people have been so conditioned to believe the false claim that overeating is the cause of obesity that many of them cannot open their minds to an alternative concept. I was only able to speak very briefly and was barely able to mention my website because the presenter cut me off as soon as I mentioned that I had a website. I then got up in order to post this entry while it was fresh in my mind. - Hopefully some of the listeners will have benefited from what I said and will be cutting down on salt in order to lose weight.

Another contributor to the phone-in was very angry about what I had said, and reiterated the calories in calories out message we have all heard many thousands of times but which results in ever more people becoming obese. - There is no evidence to support the calorie theory about obesity. - And reducing calories does not reduce obesity. - Reducing salt intake DOES reduce obesity. - A big problem with the obese young boy in question is that he does not eat much in the way of fruit and vegetables. This makes it extra difficult for his body to get rid of excess sodium. - Fruit and fresh vegetables contain high levels of potassium, and potassium displaces sodium from the body.

Calorie counting and advice about increasing exercise and reducing fat and carbohydrate intake to reduce obesity are ineffective, counter-productive and often damaging. - See the article in the British Medical Journal of November 2003 British Medical Journal article for actual research on what happens when this advice is followed! - Over 800 obese adults were put on energy deficit diets, given diet sheets and plenty of instruction and help from trained staff, and apparently, visited fortnightly for a year, at the end of which they had GAINED weight! This mirrors the real experience of obese people, viz. - dieting makes you fat.

Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it!
See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/ and for special advice about children, see http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/children.html
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Fat boy may be put in care