Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Are you a Steroid Victim? - Do you suffer from Steroid-Induced Cushing's Syndrome? - Then you are also "sensitive to salt". - Read on.

A personal note from me: - Almost all of the following side-effects are not side-effects of the drug itself; they are the effects of the doctor not observing the correct protocol for prescribing steroids: so they are the effects of being prescribed too high a dose and/or being prescribed it for too long a time and almost certainly because of not being adequately or appropriately monitored while taking the drug - and CRUCIALLY of not being warned to avoid eating salt or food containing added salt while taking the medication, because these drugs cause sodium retention and sensitivity to salt, which can lead to massive fluid retention and morbid obesity. - i.e. the side-effects are the effects of MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE. - There are hundreds of thousands of steroid victims the world over - victims of medical negligence on a VAST scale...)o:

The following list of side effects that steroid victims suffer from is taken from one of the webpages of the Steroid Warning Network

LIST OF SOME STEROID SIDE EFFECTS

WEIGHT GAIN
HYPERTENSION
SKIN ATROPHY (wasting away)
MYOPATHY (muscle disease/weakness)
IMPAIRED WOUND HEALING
POST TRAUMATIC (after-shock) STRESS (anxiety, fear)
SUPPRESSION (lowering) OF IMMUNE RESPONSE (defense of body against virus, bacteria)
SUBCUTANEOUS (under skin) TISSUE ATROPHY (decrease)
MOOD SWINGS (ranging from Euphoria to Suicidal thoughts)
STEROID PSYCHOSIS (including Hallucinations, Mania, Delusions)
SKIN INFECTIONS
DEPRESSION
HAIR LOSS
EXCESSIVE FACIAL HAIR GROWTH
INGROWN HAIRS
ARTHRITIS
CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE
OSTEOPOROSIS
CONTACT DERMATITIS
ACNE, ECZEMACYSTS, RASHES
LESIONS, BLISTERS
OPEN-ANGLED GLAUCOMA
FATIGUE
CATARACTS
MENSTRUAL IRREGULARITIES
PREMATURE MENOPAUSE
SECONDARY DIABETES MELLITUS
SLEEP DISORDERS
WATER RETENTION
GROWTH RETARDATION IN CHILDREN
CUSHING'S SYNDROME (affects almost every system in the body; moonface, humpback, central obesity, chronic fatigue and other symptoms)
STEROID INDUCED ASTHMA
HEADACHES
SHAKINESS AND TREMORS
EASY BRUISING
ADHESIVE ARACHNOIDITIS (from Epidural Steroid Injections)
NECROSIS (a localized death of tissue)
OSTEONECROSIS
INCREASED SUSCEPTIBILITY TO INFECTION
REDISTRIBUTION OF BODY FAT
INCREASE IN CIRCULATING BLOOD FATS (Triglycerides)
TOXIC SHOCK
MUSCLE CRAMPING, JOINT PAIN

A person with steroid-induced Cushing Syndrome suffers from the symptoms of BOTH CUSHINGS and the Systemic effects from the STEROIDS. Cushing's syndrome can take years to recover from. Many of the devastating effects from steroids are permanent and life-threatening.


I am a steroid victim. - I am trying to put an end to the medical negligence that results in more and more steroid victims, and gives damaging advice to the existing steroid victims. - I need my MP to visit me because I am too ill and too disabled to go to see him at his surgery. - He came to see me nearly two years ago but did not understand about the problems of steroid victims because he had not read the information I had sent to him. He does not seem to intend visiting me again despite my many requests to him to do so.

If you would like to help me in my mission to prevent/reduce great and needless suffering you might like to write to my MP, Nick Clegg, at nickclegg@sheffieldhallam.org.uk asking him to visit me, Margaret Wilde, as soon as possible and not be in a rush as he was when he came before.


Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk
and in particular,
page
http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/steroids.html
The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.