Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Worsening situation for NHS maternity care

NHS maternity care 'is in crisis' - Telegraph

Extract:

"Fears over the standard of NHS services for expectant mothers were heightened last night after it emerged that the number of maternity beds has fallen by up to 40 per cent in some regions.

David Cameron, the Conservative leader, released new figures yesterday suggesting that Labour was presiding over a lack of midwives and a crisis in maternity services in England.

Mr Cameron, who visited a hospital near his Oxfordshire constituency, promised a "bare-knuckle fight" with Gordon Brown over the future of the health service.

A few months ago, the Tories said 43 maternity units had either already shut or were at risk of closing as NHS trusts tried to balance their books.


But yesterday, Mr Cameron, who is waging a summer fight-back to cut the Prime Minister's opinion poll lead, published new figures showing widespread falls in the provision of maternity beds.

The information, obtained from a parliamentary answer, said that since Labour came to power in 1997, there had been an 18 per cent reduction in the number of maternity beds for every 100,000 people - equivalent to almost 2,000 beds in the past 10 years.

But in some strategic health authority areas, the drop was much more dramatic with reductions of 40 per cent in north-west London and South Yorkshire."

Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/story.html - my 'political' page

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/socio.html - wider implications

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods

Associated health conditions

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free.