Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Trans fats are to be banned

Trans fats to be banned to halt rise in obesity - Telegraph

Extract:

"Last month, a report by Gordon Brown's former adviser, Sir Derek Wanless, found that obesity was one of the problems that would "overwhelm" the NHS in the future.

Targeting trans fats is one of the ways the Government intends to tackle the problem. Many supermarkets have already started phasing out the use of trans fats in thousands of their own-brand food products. In addition, hundreds of branded foods have been reformulated to avoid using the fats.

Although they can form naturally in dairy products, most of the trans fats in the diet come from processed food. They are added by manufacturers to extend shelf life and enhance the taste.
"

I have no doubt at all that manufactured trans fats are bad for our health, but they are not a major factor in the rapidly increasing incidence and severity of obesity around the world. The main contributory causes of the 'obesity epidemic' are fluid retention/sodium retention/salt sensitivity, frequently initiated by recklessly-prescribed pharmaceutical drugs by a medical profession dangerously ill-informed about drug adverse side-effects, and by the high levels of salt ladled into our food by the profit-centred food industry.

Lose weight and improve your health in many ways without drugs or expense by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!


How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html (The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Children and Obesity

See Sodium in foods and

Associated health conditions and

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/story.html - my 'political' page

http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/socio.html - social and economic considerations

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free.