Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

More than 100,000 operations have been postponed by the NHS over the past year for non-clinical reasons.

NHS cancels more than 100,000 operations in a year
Article in the Telegraph

Extract:

"The number of cancelled operations is almost twice as high as previously admitted by the Government with thousands of patients suffering from multiple cancellations.

Ministers have previously said that cancelling operations is "unacceptable" yet have failed to act to prevent hospitals from cancelling procedures, often just hours before surgery is due to take place.

The figures have been obtained by the Conservatives who used Freedom of Information laws to request the data from NHS trusts."

The major operation I had last year was twice postponed 'at the last minute' and so instead of having it a few days after going into hospital, it was actually done almost a fortnight afterwards. This caused me agonising pain, immense extra suffering and continuing disability, and the need for carers still even now. It meant extra weeks in hospital and hundreds of hours of traveling to and from the hospital and waiting and time spent with occupational therapists and physiotherapists. It meant intense, needless, agonising pain. - And even now, it appears, I may need to have another operation because my extreme pain went unheeded and uninvestigated for almost a year after returning home after my hospital stay...)o: - Terrible, prolonged, unnecessary pain and suffering and disability; great, unnecessary additional financial cost...)o: - The NHS is a national disgrace.