Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I found David Craig's book, Squandered, very well worth reading. - It's about how the government wastes taxpayers' money.

I recently bought "Squandered" by David Craig, real name Neil Glass, and I finished it a week or two ago. I recommend this excellent, very detailed and well-researched book.

I hope it will be more widely read. The appalling waste, the fraud and hypocrisy, the cruel, casual unconcern for the have-nots in every sphere is horrifying and shameful.

We need urgently to halt the abuse of power and the insidious change from democracy to bureaucracy as the mode of government in the UK and the EU.

My personal bĂȘte noire is the NHS and the abuse of power by the system and by many health professionals.

In the light of the current financial scandals that are precipitating us to Hell in a handcart I expect David Craig is busy writing another book!

You can read what Jeff Randell thinks of the book in this article in the Telegraph - When our devious ministers inhale their own exhaust

And Dominic Sandbrook, Daily Telegraph, writes:
"...David Craig's chilling audit of government spending for the last 10 years - a book much more readable and entertaining than it sounds...a genuinely important book. It is no exaggeration to say that if the right people read it, take it seriously, and take appropriate action, this book could not only save the taxpayer billions, it could save lives....This is a terrifying book, but a brilliant and necessary one. Please read it."

Some of the examples of wasteful departments, etc are

Health
Education
Police/Public Order
Welfare
Quangos
The EU
The 2012 Olympics