Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.


This blog has been exported to a new URL so that readers can leave Comments again. If you want to leave a Comment, please visit my 'new' blog, which has Comments enabled. The 'new' blog is Wilde About Obesity.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I reckon that taking painkillers is a habit best avoided, especially for children

I reckon that taking painkillers is a habit best avoided, especially for children. - Don't you agree? - And so I'd suggest not getting into the habit of giving babies and toddlers liquid paracetamol or similar after they have had an injection or taken a tumble. When I was a little girl it was unheard-of for children to be given pharmaceutical drugs to stop their tears. Instead their mothers would give them a kiss and a cuddle, and a special kiss on the poorly place to 'kiss it better'. Happily,unlike drugs, a kiss and a cuddle have no adverse side-effects. I offer this little couplet:

Give a kiss and a hug,
Not a painkiller drug.

Older children can be encouraged to be a 'big boy' or a 'big girl' when they experience pain and to be rewarded with approval for their stoicism. This could serve them well in later years. Our society is too dependent on pharmaceutical drugs, which, on the whole, do far, far more harm than good.